Towards Community Building
Wednesday 22nd November 2017

EasyFundraising


Register or Login here

£718 raised so far !

Hall Agenda

About The Hall

Built in 1936 by public subscription, the land was given to the local church by the Duke of Portland on the proviso that it should be a facility open to all the residents of the village. The benefactors helped in its design, and used a London architect who recreated the style of a Sussex barn, with a high pitched roof and liberal use of substantial pine timbers in the roof.

See the extract from the Gainsborough and Worksop Press describing the opening of the Hall in 1936.

The hall is now owned by the Parish Council and leased to the Sutton-cum-Lound Village Hall Charity. It has recently undergone a makeover which has vastly improved the ambience of the building.

In addition to a host of regular events, Sutton-cum-Lound Village Hall is available for private hire at reasonable rates.

Licensed for alcohol sales and all types of entertainment, the hall briefly comprises of:

  • Large hall
    • Approximately 92 sq. metres with a stage
    • Maximum capacity is 70 dining, 80 theatre style and 130 party style
  • Kitchen
    • Recently fully refurbished, and well equipped
    • 2 fridges, 6-ring range cooker, microwave, hot trolley
  • Servery
    • Drinks chiller, dinner service and cutlery for 80
    • Glasses of all types for the same
  • Toilets
    • Ladies, gents and disabled
  • Parking
    • Ample car parking for 40 cars, mostly on tarmac
  • Outside
    • Large grassed area

We welcome enquiries and bookings from clubs and groups who want regular times as well as private individuals or companies looking for a venue for conferences, parties or other ‘one offs’.

If you would like to hire the Hall please check our our booking details.

Sutton-cum-Lound Village Hall Sutton-cum-Lound Village Hall